Under the responsibility of the Terminals Group Enterprise Architect, the IT Terminals Application Architect is responsible to design solutions to free data from Terminal Business application or Terminals Equipment and bring this data values to internal or external partners. He is involved in all project phases: design, development, implementation and ongoing support and provides technical and architectural solutions in various fields such as: Business and IT Solutions, Data collection, Data analysis and Data publication, Data protection.
- Responsible for participating in the Data Terminal transformation.
- Conduct architecture activities to promote standards and advise the IT Terminals team on methodology and processes.
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy
- Develops and write enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Leverage existing normalization DCSA, TIC 4.0, Edifact
- Responsible for delivering architecture design and documentation (HLD and LLD) to implement new Business Applications.
- Responsible for Hybrid solution design, systems analysis, security assessment.
- Acts as expert for Data Terminal solution to increase terminal performance.
- Contribute to Cloud and Hybrid approach to deliver IT solutions.
- Embed security by design when proposing new solution
- Manage each of his subjects with autonomy, whether minor or major, as a real project and in charge of mastering the following points: Planning, budget, risk management, major decisions, problems, action plan, etc.
- Help the entire team and terminal actors in general to build and operate reliable and viable projects.
- Participate in RFI and/or RFP processes. Build project specification and requirement, evaluate response from vendors and present decision paper to Business and Terminal IT managers
- Communicate and collaborate with regional IT staff as well as colleagues in other parts of the world about business software, TOS, CMMS, ERP, HR, CRM…
- Provide third level support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
- 10+ years’ experience in a production IT environment managing large enterprise class IT solutions.
- Wide expertise in IT systems around data solution including but not only, data analysis, data lake, data transformation, data publication, integration platform, API management, middleware, business intelligence, Business Applications.
- Wide knowledge on actual IT concept, AI, ML, Infrastructure as code, data streaming, IOT
- Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others with the quality expected
- Knowledge and understanding of terminal’s industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a thorough knowledge of data extraction tools, ETL, Event streaming platform, data lake, Data analysis tools, IOT.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and other server concepts as well as Azure cloud and SaaS solutions around data.
- Cyber security knowledge and skill to perform basic audit with recommendation.
- Ability to operate in an industrial environment and appropriately bring the latest proven technologies for long term investment
- Capability to work with people of different culture in different time zones